Hello family, friends, supporters, and prayer partners!
Thank you so much for your continued faithful support and prayers. You have stood with us at the grass roots level of PSC, during this time of obedience without seeing very far ahead. We continue to cling to God’s words in Isaiah 30:21: “Whether you turn to the right or to the left, you will hear a voice behind you saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it.’” And He has been true to His words, continuing to light each step in His perfect timing.
Some exciting things are happening! We were government approved as an official non-profit association at the beginning of this year! Our part-time administrative assistant/accountant, Sherry, is moving up to full-time and will be taking the reins while I am in the U.S. from June-July. Our prayers have been answered and God has provided two wonderful Taiwanese Christian women, who love the Lord and listen to His voice, to live in PSC’s home, The Refuge, full-time. One of the women, Su Yi, before she was hired, cleaned rotten meat and bugs (gross! Forgot that meat was in there when we turned electricity off!) out of the freezer without even a second thought. She has a servant’s heart. The second lady, Xin May, felt God’s prompting to pick up a Christian newspaper that she doesn’t usually buy and right when she saw our employment ad, she felt she was supposed to apply. She prayed for 8 days before emailing her resume. Both of these women have a heart after God and His heart to be a part of His work among the broken and hurting. God continues to use Scripture to confirm His calling for PSC. An elder in Su Yi’s church shared Ezekiel 37:1-14 with her last September. She didn’t know what God meant by the passage at that time. While watching the PSC introductory video, she felt that God confirmed in her heart that He was speaking to her about the women and babies of PSC. God is breathing life into these women’s and babies’ lives through the crisis pregnancy centers and baby homes across the island! He is raising up a “vast army” in the nation of Taiwan.
We have four regular Taiwanese volunteers. Lilian is our first mother’s mom (our first mom who lost her baby shortly after birth due to a rare disorder)! I am in awe that God has brought her back to this city to live and she now hopes and prays to be involved with PSC as much as possible. She has started sharing her story with me in churches. We love her so much. Tina has been an incredible blessing as she has translated documents and translated as needed for me at many meetings! Helen is a missionary here and is a PSC prayer warrior. She will help lead the team in mapping out the city and passing out our fliers to as many Ob/Gyn clinics around Taichung as possible in the next few weeks. Helen brought her four kids with her to hear Lilian speak at a service recently. Before we went up to share, her 4 year old daughter Gracie handed me an envelope with 10 NT in it (about 30 cents) that had a picture she drew of a woman with a baby in her tummy and Jesus holding her hand. Gracie told her mom to tell me, “I want to give all my money to Jesus.” Be still my heart. An Ran helped do a mini crisis pregnancy training session for our new employees and she will be a substitute for the moms’ home. Lana continues to be involved with PSC and just met with a director of a crisis pregnancy center who is interested in partnering with PSC, and even coming to Taiwan to teach post-abortion grief classes!
I was near tears at our first official PSC team meeting together-in awe of the Taiwanese team that He is raising up. There are countless others who have prayed, donated, let us use office space, helped with photo copies, offered their expertise in their career field (nutritionist, graphic designer, etc.), helped us silent auction a beautiful donated Trek bike, etc. We are so thankful. Please pray with us!
- Please pray as we pass out fliers to Ob/Gyn clinics so that pregnant girls/women in crisis will know that there is help available to them, that they don’t have to go through this alone, and that there is a loving, safe, and free alternative to abortion. Our team will pray before entering each clinic. Abortions are paid for out of pocket here, so doctors make a lot of extra money by doing abortions and may resist putting the fliers up. Taiwan has one of the highest abortion rates in the world right now. 90% of single pregnant women choose abortion here. And 96% of babies with Down Syndrome are aborted.
- Please pray for our new PSC team as we open the home this June. Su Yi and Xin May will move into the home as soon as we have our first mom.
- We continue to pray for a building for a counseling center/thrift store.
- Please pray for the moms that will be coming to The Refuge and for the moms struggling with their decision about their babies.
- We do need regular monthly supporters to cover the expenses for each mom while they live in the home, so that we can keep the home free for all moms. Please contact us on our website if you are interested in donating, praying, and/or being involved with PSC.
Thank you all so much. Have a wonderful summer.
Gloria for PSC
P.S. If you would like to be a regular prayer partner with PSC, please visit the contact page of our website, www.pregnancysupport.tw. We need people who are regularly praying on behalf of PSC! If you would like to financially support PSC on a regular basis, you can sign up for automatic deposit on the donate page of our website. If you would like to make a one-time donation or purchase a PSC logo necklace, you can do that there as well. For more regular updates, visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pregnancy-Support-Center-PSC/255579551255282. Thank you!